Baby Bunching Pros and Cons.
If anyone would know what are pros and cons to baby bunching, it would be me. I have three children in three years, and one on the way…
Yup, you heard right. By the time I am twenty five I will have four beautiful children. Two boys and two girls. Yes, it can be a struggle and yes I wouldn’t change it for anything. There are pros and cons to this decision and here they are.
First let me start with some of the cons, the more difficult things that come with having kids this fast.
Baby Bunching Cons-
- It wears on your body. I am definitely starting to feel the consequences. I am tired almost all the time, I think my nerves are about shot sometimes, I have the usual after birth problems I am sure a ton of mothers have.
- The ‘alone time’ is at almost zero. I can have a little alone time if I arrange a babysitter, this is pretty rare.
- If you think sleep with one baby is hard. Try three. Yes all of my kids still wake at night and need my care, My oldest is just starting to sleep all night. The nights he sleeps without waking are less than the nights he wakes up, we are getting there
- Sometimes I feel like I can’t do it anymore. With three babies comes stress, and a whole bunch of it. I stress about them making to big of a mess, I stress about teaching them their ABC’s, I stress about them eating enough, and staying clean, all the things that come with parenting all kids.
- I have weaknesses. Unfortunately My kids bring out my weaknesses as a parent. I don’t like to yell at my kids, but I do. This is something I am working on. I get a little tired of the constant discipline so sometimes I let things go that I shouldn’t. I get very overwhelmed sometimes.
Yup, I’m a ‘crazy lady.’
Goodness the cons to baby bunching do go on. Consequently, I think even moms with one child have some of these issues as well.
Little ol’ me saved the Pros for last due to me thinking they very much outnumber the cons. I love baby bunching. My kids close in age has been one of the greatest decisions I have made. So with a little excitement I will gladly tell you the pros I have with having my kids close together.
Baby Bunching Pros.
- First my kids are the best of friends. They play with each other all day every day. Because they are so close in age their interests are similar helping them play together well.
- They encourage one another. My second little boy is potty training and my first son loves to high five him for going potty. This helps my second son love to go potty and helps him want to put more of an effort into doing so.
- They will be a great support system. I grew up with 13 sibling. Wow. My mom was amazing! We were all pretty close in age. As a teen I knew my sisters were right there for me and even now they are my best friends. So I know when my kids get older they will have a large support system with siblings around the same age for them to talk too.
- I don’t ever get lonely. I know that my kids love me. How? They always want to be around me. Every second of every day. But I love this. I can talk with them and snuggle with them all I want. The house never feels empty. I still crave adult conversation sometimes, but I know that will come.
- I have little helpers. When I ask my LO to do something for me, they always seem to turn it into competition. One child always want to out do the other. Hence, getting a lot done. With a huge gap in age of children many times the older one will just let the younger do it or vice-versa and all the kids don’t get in on pulling the load.
- Teacher. My kids teach each other so many things. My three year old has been learning his letter sounds and because of this my younger 2 year old is as well.
A couple more.
- Tasks are easier…Sometimes. I love that I can throw all my kiddos into the tub at once, scrub them all up and pull them out smelling clean all at once. I can do this with many other tasks, And yes this makes so many other things more difficult. HA
- Snuggles. Yes these are the best! There is almost nothing better then having your arms FULL of sleeping babies. This can give you a happy high! Love it. I know once my kids get older they won’t want it anymore. But as of now I plan on soaking all those cute little snuggle bugs.
I wouldn’t change it.
I could go ON and ON. However, I feel like you should be getting the idea. I Can’t imagine life without any of the beautiful babies I have in it. Could you? They keep me going everyday. In addition, I do know I have had anxiety with having my kids so close together. Not because I don’t want to, but because I worry about what others will think too often.
Seems like if you are considering baby bunching and it is something that you want for your family. Do it. It is seriously one of the funnest and craziest adventures you will embark on.
In Conclusion, if you already baby bunch Join the club:) And if you don’t and think I am crazy I don’t blame you. It isn’t for everyone. There are reasons moms do it this way and reasons they don’t. Either way it OK.
Lots of love
SUBSCRIBE TO THIS BLOG HERE5 Ways to be less stressed as a SAHM
5 Ways you can be less stressed today.